Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Photographing Ashton

If you follow my blog you know my son, Ashton, has autism. Photographing him is very difficult. Forget posing him, having him smile at the camera, and family shots are mission impossible! My best photographs of him are always when he's doing his thing. Every once in a while I get a great big smile and always by chance. I made a small storyboard with a few pictures that show the difficulty in trying to get him to sit down and smile for the camera. He may be a lot of work to photograph, but I find all the great photos I do get from him always seem to tell a story, express his personality, and gives a glimps on how he sees the world around him.


I wanted to come back and add my favorite of the bunch, but in color.



8 comments:

Ellie said...

These are wonderful pictures of your son.

Krysta said...

These are really beautiful, actually

Cropped Stories said...

These pictures are great! I love action shots!

Unknown said...

Thank you all!

Sara said...

Beautiful storyboard of your son! Love the B&W's of him but the colour is just beautiful too, love the blues of the water and the city, and great capture getting the sailboats in too. Just gorgeous shots!

Buckeroomama said...

I love the storyboard that you put together --lovely!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love the one you processed in color. Beautiful.

M. J. Mitchell said...

Such a nice shot and I love that smile!!!!!