Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday ...

I love Mondays. I do. After the weekend is over I am ready for the kids to go back to school so I can get a little time to myself. Today though. First, I've been having issues with my phone and the USB charger port in the phone. It's been giving me issues holding a chance these past few days. My phone is my life. My only alarm clock and my only phone. I don't have a house phone, so I relay on my cell for everything! Well, my phone died while charging last night and my alarm never went off this morning. It always happens when I need to be up early Ashton decides he's going to sleep in - he did until 7:15. We were late. I decided to take Ashton to his bus stop first - his bus comes at 8 - then drop Amelia off late. Ashton's bus got a flat tire this morning, so we waited at the bus stop for 1/2 hour over until I finally gave up since I can't call Transportation because my phone is dead! I drop Amelia off and then take Ashton to school. THEN, I get a flat! Fixable, but wow, annoying! I head to Sprint to have them look at my phone. I find out it's a problem these Evo's are having. They had to take my phone for inspection to make sure it wasn't something I did and they needed to charge my battery. Great! Being without a phone was a very very unsettling feeling! You don't know how much you relay of something until you don't have it. So, I left Sprint and decided to go food shopping. Thankfully that was uneventful, except it was mobbed. The Marine Base was closed all weekend do to the Air Show, so everyone that put off shopping over the weekend was there! I went back to Sprint to find out it wasn't me (THANK-GOD) and I'll have a replacement in 5-7 DAYS!!!!!!! Ugh. I'm thankful they are replacing it for free since I didn't have insurance, but now I have to go to Sprint every morning and have them charge my phone until my replacement comes!

So after all this I decided I needed some fun time with the kids. We attempted to make Rainbow Cake in a Jar. Amelia wanted to make pastel color ones. So, we did. I wish I would have talked her out of it. I think the bright bold colors would have worked SO much better .... so guess what I am doing tomorrow while they are at school?! Yes, making the bight colorful ones! The kids still enjoyed making them and eating them! It was a lot of fun doing this with them as well!

I had to add this. I needed to pick up jars for the cake at our local kitchen store and Amelia spotted this bug zapper. She HAD to have it. She was so excited to get this thing home and try it out. I, of course, had to make sure this was OK for her to use, so I touched just ONE of the strands of wire and OMG!!! This is just as strong as one of those taser guns! This got put up and out of the kids reach. Amelia saw what it did to me and refuses to now be near the thing, LOL Dangerous! Very dangerous!

   

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Sometimes we have days that are just against us don't we.
Look at the look on your daughter's face with the rainbow cake in a jar. Priceless.

Heather said...

OMG i so need one of those Zappers LOL i have never seen those! I want cake cake sounds good. How did you make those?

Unknown said...

Heather, its pretty cool! I got the cake idea from pintrest - search rainbow cake in a jar!