Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Letting go ....

Seems to be the title of the day. We say goodbye to Daddy for a year (less or longer). It also seems this is my biggest struggle with my son - the letting go. He'll be 8 in a few months, but he's so much like a toddler in many ways - mostly in the impulsive department (and language). He's been gaining my trust more and more by proving me wrong in certain situations .... recently. I've been allowing him to roam more without such a tight leash .... but believe me my hawk eyes are still on him at ALL the times. It's just a real hard thing for a mom that has dealt with SO much horror ... having to call the police a NUMBER of times, losing him in a dept store (he jumped out the cart and RAN .... found him chowing down hotdogs in the break room), the ups truck driving picking him up naked not knowing (little sneak), broken windows, all the fences he climbed ... all the many times I had that OMG I LOST MY KID feeling! And even worse knowing he couldn't tell you his name, who his mom was, and more than likely naked! LOL (I still can laugh over all this) Letting go and giving him some freedom can send me in panic mode, LOL! I have to do it though. I tell myself this a million times a day ....

Anyway this photo reminds me of letting him go ... but not too far, haha!

No comments: